Monday, June 28, 2010

Brugge (Bruges) and the unexpected

We spent a weekend in Bruges at the beginning of June. I just realized that I never posted about it. Check out the pictures.  This was a perfect place to ride bikes (so we did).

Bruges

This was also the first weekend trip we took after finding out I was pregnant. Eeek! The excitement! Rocky got to try several Belgian beers while I stuck close to my Perrier. I was not too tired or nauseated to enjoy the weekend (I thought "Yay! I think I'm going to be like my mom" who loved every minute of being pregnant and didn't experience morning sickness). We also decided not to tell anybody about the pregnancy so it would be a fun surprise to share when we got back to the states.

Oh, the plans of man... the news we got to share with our family a week and a half later was not the joyous news we had hoped for, but the sad announcement of an early miscarriage. I spent several days in tears and self-pity reading Job for consolation:


My days have passed, my plans are shattered, 
       and so are the desires of my heart  (Job 17:11)


But God is restoring our joy, holding us up, and giving us new hope. Because we know that whatever plan he has for the future must be trusted as the best plan, since he is the only one who knows the future.  Many thanks to my sweet Christian sisters who faithfully prayed for our healing - God is answering!


I cry out to God Most High, 
       to God, who fulfills his purpose for me. (Psalm 57:2)

1 comment:

geeky Heather said...

Argh, I *just* read this post! Wish I had read it before we saw you guys over there. I would have given you more hugs. =) I hope I didn't say anything dumb while we were there. Take care, sweetie.