Thursday, June 13, 2013

La Marche Gourmande de Metz

This past weekend we participated in "La Marche Gourmande de Metz." Perhaps the best translation is "Food Walk." Looking back, I got many more pictures of the marche-ing and almost none of the gourmande-ing... which is a shame, really, because the food was amazing! Lydia especially loved the foie gras and duck. 

Check out the photos here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/100239156709250302798/albums/5888186604729843649

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. What food did you eat?

There were 6 food stops.
First stop - Apéritif: Champagne with Mirabelle plum and baguette sandwich with foie gras pâté
Our drinks looked like the one pictured above.
Second stop - A slice of foie gras loaf, duck tranches and mâche lettuce.
It looked something like this without the sauce and potato
Third stop - Mirabelle sorbet (a small taste, spritzed with some sort of liquor)

Fourth stop - Grilled chicken breast, baguette and saffron rice (Lydia had an "assiette enfant" which included some chips and a "hot dog"). This stop had the best music.

Fifth stop - Fromage plate (which had a stuffed brie, an emmental, some grapes, walnuts and dried apricot)
There was no blue cheese on our plates, but most everything else pictured here was.
Sixth stop - Dessert (choice of mirabelle, apricot or cherry pie with coffee)
You probably didn't need this picture of cherry pie, but mmmm...
Each stop also had plenty of beverages... Red, white and rosé wines, juice, and water.
So much of my time was spent helping Lydia eat at each stop that I neglected pictures of the food.

2. Who are all the old guys? :)
Rocky is the youngest professor by far. The gentlemen walking with us are summer faculty at Georgia Tech Lorraine. The guy sitting next to Rocky in pic #17 is Gary Schuster. Check him out: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Schuster

3. Where were the dancers from?
The dancers were just country line dancers... Pretty anticlimactic when you're from Georgia, but they are a novelty around here I guess. The were from a town near Metz.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That photo looks more like a clafoutis than a cherry pie. Did you get to try clafoutis? I've always wanted to try some, but I never got the chance.

Unknown said...

It must've been clafoutis then, because it looked just like this and my friend Viky said that is what everyone makes around here - not cherry pie. I just picked some cherries from a cherry tree in "our" backyard and I will be attempting to make it myself! I'll let you know how it goes!