Wouldn't you know that the plumbing would clog after Rocky leaves for Boulder?
Roto-Rooter came out today and my new friend, Earl, was able to pull out a big root ball from the drain leaving the house. Unfortunately this did not solve our problem. One flush revealed that the water was still not going down. Earl's buddy, Tom, came out with a cool snaking camera and confirmed that the old clay pipe leading to the city sewer had probably crumbled and collapsed.
So Roto-Rooter will be out tomorrow to dig up most of the front yard and replace the clay pipe with PVC. I wish I had a camera to capture this momentous occasion for my husband. The RR guys were impressed that I could crawl around under the house unfazed by dirt and grime.
I want to be able to recommend RR to my friends, so I hope they impress me tomorrow... for the amount I have to pay them they better REALLY impress me.
1 comment:
Arugh! I can't believe it! How frustrating. Please let us know if we can help! BTW, props for crawling around in the dirt. Today I had to explain to a mechanic that I did not need my husband to check the oil in my car for me, and that I could indeed do it myself. Here's to femininity that willing to get a little dirty. I think that's what a Proverbs 31 woman would be. :)
-AZ
Post a Comment