Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year! (Blimp)

In French I'd say "Bonne année" which literally means "good year." This immediately made me think of the Good Year Blimp and whether or not a French person would get it if I called it the Bonne année blimp. And thinking about the blimp made me think about 2 other things; the first being the TV show Fringe (which I've been 'forced' to watch with the Swaffords) and also the GT vs. UGA game that Rocky and I attended right after Thanksgiving thanks to our friends who had extra tickets. Frozen fans we were. Didn't get a picture of the blimp, but it was there. I love the word blimp. It makes me happy. Blimp.



We had 3 Christmases this year!  Rocky arrived home Christmas Day (5 days late) after attending a conference in Toulouse, France.  In my next post I'll show you what he brought back from his adventures. 

The Kommeth family celebrated in the morning, then we all spent the afternoon with the extended Dunlap fam, and finally with Rocky's immediate family on the 26th.  The Christmas Album is posted on Picasa.

We played board games on New Year's Eve.  Big deal, you say?  Well, we were on the 59th floor of the Westin Hotel in downtown Atlanta playing Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan. All this after gorging on pizza from Antico for dinner. Mmmm. If you haven't been there - go.

On January 1st I volunteered at the Passion 2011 Conference with the Swaffords and I helped check in some of the 22,000 students that arrived.  Praise God and Do Something Now.

Prospero Año!  Blimp.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi Maria, I'm reading through some of your postings and had to comment on your Blimp writings. Not sure if the French guys would understand the blimp, but Goodyear is the enemy, at least in my part of France where Michelin was born. Your faith in such trying times is encouraging! Hope you have a safe and easy pregnancy and delivery! LIEP, Sara J