I. Family Trip
A. Lancaster, PA
1. Sight & Sound Theater
2. Mom's 59th birthday and Father's Day
3. Lunch with the Nolls
B. Rochester, NY
1. Strawberry Picking
2. Baby Shower
3. Planetarium and dinner at Hose 22
4. Visiting Cartwright cousins in Buffalo
C. Pittsburgh, PA
1. Church Festival
2. My departure (everyone else enjoys a Riverboat cruise)
II. D3 Youth Conference
A. Packing/More driving
B. Teaching
1. Jeff Struecker - Black Hawk Down
2. Missionary Shannon Hurley
3. Albert Mohler - President of SBTS
C. Games
1. Field Day
2. Underground Church
3. Holiday World
III. Master Bathroom
A. Progress!
B. Tile
C. Paint
Family Trip
My dad, mom, sis, and bro-in-law packed into a 12 passenger van and drove up to New York, by way of Lancaster, PA. I did really well (didn't need extra bathroom breaks) and was able to sleep comfortably stretched out in a seat with extra pillows. We celebrated Mom's birthday and Father's Day on the road (and then again once we arrived home in GA). We also met up with Susan & David's dear friends, the Nolls, who lived about 10 minutes away from our hotel.
We visited the Sight & Sound Theater for their production of Joseph. The show was excellent!
| Mom and I heading inside |
| This place is so huge it's hard to get it all in one picture! |
| Family shot in front of the Lion and the Lamb. |
| My new hat was perfect for berry pickin' |
| Abbott's #1 |
| Abbot's #2 |
Towards the end of our visit we ate dinner at Hose 22 (a firehouse turned restaurant, a la The Spotted Dog in Atlanta). We also enjoyed a pool party and cookout at my godmother's house. On our way to Pittsburgh we stopped in Buffalo, New York to visit my cousin, Anna, her husband, Dan, and our newest relative, John (their son).
| Mom, me, baby John, Anna, Susan and Grandma Cartwright |
| My Dad, the big John, with Anna's baby, the little John! |
In Pittsburgh we saw more family and enjoyed more food together. We worked on our family tree and everyone enjoyed a riverboat ride (sans me, as I had to fly home to repack for the Youth Conference that Rocky and I were chaperoning the following day!)
| I got to hang out with my Uncle Dan, who flew in from Ohio |
| My grandmother is in the bottom left corner. She's pictured with her mom (center) and all her sisters. |
| Siblings Dave, Dan, Ritaclare, John (my dad) and Marie |
1 comment:
Oooo, if I'd known you were going to Lancaster, I'd have asked you to look out for white peanut butter taffy! Only place I've ever seen it, and it's wonderful.
You're so cute in your berry-picking hat!
Post a Comment