I've prided myself on being in-the-moment with my child for the past 6 months. I've really taken it easy, and taken the advice of parents who said that the time flies. Enjoy it. And I have. Until this afternoon. I wanted to do a million other things besides nurse a kid who *should* be napping in her bed. And then I started to cry. I knew that this was another one of those moments I needed to stop and savor. Fold the laundry - later. Blog... ha! That should be the last thing on my priority list! Dinner? My angelic husband will love helping me make it once he gets home (Truly, he will. He's that awesome.)
So I laid there and stroked the back of her little head, rubbed her back, squished her chunky thighs and just enjoyed being totally stuck next to this awesome gift.
1 comment:
Maria, You are such a wonderful Mother and there will be more times like you just experienced but every new mom has these moments. Lydia is a very lucky girl to have you as her mom.
Post a Comment