Yup. I declare "grown up" achieved. I am over 30. I am a mom. I own a house. I own a car. I am someone's
conservator. I now have a last will & testament. I talk about insurance with my husband. I eat kale because it's good for me. I don't buy sodas (southerns read: cokes) because they have too much sugar, and that's bad for me. I'm not going to avoid it any more. I'm GROWN. I'm gonna own it. But just because you're a grown-up doesn't mean you can't have fun, right?!?!
Case in point:
I woke up at the
W Hotel in downtown Atlanta the morning of my 31st birthday (and, yes, I remember how I got there!). I swam in my *private* pool on the 16th floor all morning and read
The Help on my Kindle. I had sushi for dinner the night before, and maybe I went to bed before 10pm. Okay - perhaps my definition of fun is somewhat altered due to my current stage of motherhood, but to me that was SO... MUCH... FUN.
 |
| King room at the W |
 |
| very purple |
 |
| Squirrel in the lobby! |
 |
| The pool! |
I think being a grown-up gets a bad rap. But hey, let's remember that grown-ups can eat ice cream for breakfast. They can stay up as late as they want (even if that's only until 9pm). I used to think Peter Pan was right, but now I'm beginning to believe this grown-up thing isn't so bad after all.
Oh yeah, I came home to a sweet face belonging to one little person who learned how to crawl that very same day! There it is... the one thing about growing up you may not like. You can't stop it. So embrace it. Own it. GROW.
 |
| My babe |
No comments:
Post a Comment