Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Being Intentional

A while back, I read this post at Biblical Homemaking. It gave me some ideas to help me get more intentional with goals & organization...something I've been convicted I need more structure around. Especially my reading goals. I'll be giving this method a try over the next few months, tweaking it as needed, and evaluating the tool (called do.read.learn.be.). My January plan is below and I have February and March drafted already. I want to be as intentional as possible now because, come May, my world is going to turn upside-down for a little while :) In a good way.

Shamelessly pilfering Mandy's cute graphics
Do:
  • support 2 of my new momma friends by taking them meals
  • make a clothing donation to Refuge
  • sew snaps onto Lydia's fairy wings
  • surprise little projects - can't give this one away!
  • pray for Baby #2
  • Re-start Friday-night Date-Night plan (book sitters & use gift cards from Christmas)
  • Attend Toddler Thursdays at the High Museum with Lydia
  • Home Renovation tasks:
    • choose bathroom tile, vanity, toilet, sink, paint colors
    • choose kitchen back-splash & order cabinets (design is complete)
    • place order for custom island
    • order oven
    • order fridge, dishwasher and microwave (finished!)
Read:


Learn:

  • Memorize Psalm 127





Be: 

  • Intentional about prayer time & time alone with the Lord (like Jesus in Matthew 14) - I think mornings will work best for this. I've been waking up earlier than everybody else in the house anyway at this point in my pregnancy, and I haven't been using that extra time effectively.
  • An advocate for the sanctity of life - Through my reading choices, support of Refuge, and my expanding tummy - a great conversation starter! :)

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

These are really great goals! Your home renovation listed reminded me of our bathroom project. My husband started it 6 weeks before our 2nd child was born (a leak in the shower pipes made it necessary) and finished it 6 weeks before our 3rd child was born. There's 18 months between them. Thankfully no other house project has taken that long! lol!