Do:
- Make Rocky's valentine with Lydia - 100% success!
- Exercise/stretch at the YMCA pool & practice Yoga Booty Ballet DVD weekly (I did this while pregnant with L and it was great!) - We made it to the Y once and I completed my video once. Guess I need more metrics around my exercise goals.
- Visit High Museum & Zoo with Lydia (take advantage of those memberships!) - We did each of these once, and considering the crazy weather I'm okay with that.
- Write blog post about renovation progress - I published a rough post, but I really had something nicer in mind. I have to go back and edit some of the images.
- Make decisions about:
- Paint colors (guest bath, office, kid rooms upstairs) - Purchased all paint with 30% off coupon! Still need a color for the kid room.
- Kitchen counter-top - INSTALLED!
- Kitchen island design - I have a design in my head. I need to sketch it.
- Sofa re-upholstery (for the rehab of my grandma's sofa!) - Fabric is chosen. Now we just need to haul the huge thing over to store...
- Buy rugs - They've been delivered!
- Bathroom toilet, sink & vanity - Toilet ordered. Oh, this vanity will ruin me. The one I chose initially was SO expensive that I almost bought a super-cheap one at Lowe's just to be done with it. Now I'm looking at something in-between. This task will show up on next month's list.
- Organize a "cleaning party" and/or a "painting party" - Success thanks to family & friends. Round two is this weekend! We are so blessed.
Read:
- BSF: Book of Matthew (Lessons #17 - 21) - Complete!
- Acts for Everyone by N.T. Wright (Ch. 7-16) - I skipped ahead and completed 16, but need to go back and catch up on the rest.
- Housewife Theologian by Aimee Byrd (Ch. 2) - Only a few (virtual) pages left!
- Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas - Didn't start this one.
Learn:
- Memorize Revelation 19:7 - Slacker me. I have honestly not committed this verse to memory. I think I need to post my memory verses on a mirror or wall so I can practice every day... this will be easier once I'm living in my own home. Putting verses to music really helps, too. Although I've not memorized this exact verse I've probably memorized 5 other ones with Lydia this month by listening to her kid CDs.
Praying I can more consistently keep "readiness" in mind!
Be:
- I want to be someone who prioritizes my marriage! It's so easy to let quality time together slide... especially once kids enter the picture. We can always find an excuse: lack of money, time needed elsewhere (taking care of kids, or finishing work on the house - all good things!) and before we know it MONTHS pass without a date night or our communication suffers. It's crazy to think that's possible when we spend so much time together, but it happens! Meals together, praying together, and forcing time for just the two of us take effort, and I want to put my energy into that this month!
- A prayer warrior for marriage. Healthy marriages have many benefits to our society including lowering poverty, increasing lifespan, and increasing happiness. Check out the National Marriage Week website for more fun facts!
I had some big plans to serve my husband this month. After a long illness knocked the little one and then me out for over a week I realized just how much of a servant he is to us! I must confess that - especially when pregnant - I feel like I have the right to kick back and be served. Jesus didn't do that though. The gospels record that even when Jesus was tired and hungry (gah! hunger!) he still spend his time among the masses teaching, healing and being compassionate. Oh! How I need to learn that we are at our greatest when we serve others!
How did your plans for February turn out?

No comments:
Post a Comment