If I'm completely honest transitioning from 1 to 2 kids has been much harder for me than transitioning from none to one. I'm struggling to split my attention between a high-needs newborn and an energetic toddler. The energetic toddler is especially sensitive to crying babies and will flee the room when her little brother utters the slightest whimper - which is ALL THE TIME. I love my little guy, but he hasn't been all that happy to share me. I'm still trying to figure out how to give each of them what they need without all of us melting down every day.
| My idyllic vision of mothering 2 children... |
Do:
- Attend Mommy & Me exercise class at the YMCA twice/week
- Celebrate the 4th with friends
- Celebrate my 33rd birthday!
- Visit High Museum & Zoo with Lydia (take advantage of memberships)
- Make eye doctor appointment & order new contacts
- Buy plane tickets to Boulder, CO
- Projects to complete:
- Gutters
- Siding/Gable
- Kitchen back-splash tile
- Install handrail
- Clean/Put away:
- Stuff on utility shelf
- Master bathroom
- Paint
- Stair risers
- New baseboard
Read:
- Housewife Theologian by Aimee Byrd (Ch. 4)
- Bread & Wine: A Love Letter to Life Around the Table with Recipes by Shauna Niequist
- Catching Airby Sarah Pekkanen
Learn:
- Memorize & recite James 1 (I have a group of women keeping me accountable for this! Woohoo!)
Be:
- Balanced. It seems that the most basic things become difficult when you're sleep-deprived with a newborn, so I'm choosing to focus on balance. Sleep, healthy eating, exercising, time with the Lord, family time, nursing a baby... all these need to co-exist peacefully in my life for me to feel "balanced," but some days I feel like I have to choose between them (fyi - nursing always wins). Remembering to keep things in balance helps to keep me from feeling overwhelmed and reminds me to take one day at a time.
Do you have any tips for a new mom of two?
What goals have you made for the summer months? Any fun travel plans?


No comments:
Post a Comment