Thursday, September 1, 2011

Baby Shower: Then and Now

I decided to frame some old photos to hang in the nursery room we created at my dad and mom's house. While going through boxes of old photos I discovered several from a baby shower my mom attended in 1981 when she was pregnant with me! I hope you enjoy the following "Then and Now" montage.

My mom's 1981 shower was themed "Mary had a little lamb"
Mom and I at my baby shower 30 years later (2011)
Mom with a plush lamb. I still remember "Lamby" :)
Me with a lamb lovey from the Reed girls
Mom holding up a hand-made baby blanket
One of the 4 (yes 4!) hand-made blankets given to Lydia
Mom opening a big gift. I didn't find a picture of what was in it.
Me opening a large gift (Pack-N-Play). I did have to stand up to open it.
We are less than 5 weeks away from our due date and - thanks to the wonderful baby showers - we are almost ready for the arrival of our little girl! If you would, please pray for a healthy, natural, non-medicated delivery and a healthy baby. Thank you!

4 comments:

carrie said...

fun! i do like the montage :) thanks for sharing!

Kathryn said...

I'm rooting for you. I delivered both my babies w/o drugs, and while it was painful at times, I'm glad I did it. Just remember that the pain goes away onces its all over - totally worth it!

Jacq & Jason said...

Hey Maria! We will be praying for you and Rocky and Lydia. It is such a special time. I will pray specifically for your non-medicated/natural delivery however remember (because labor is a hard time to change your mind about anything!) that there is no gold star, no mark on the birth certificate no "brownie points" for any one type of delivery. When it is all said and done, healthy is all that counts. So make your plans, pray about your plan, trust God with your plan and then trust God enough that IF it gets changed... you know he is the one changing it! Can't wait to see her face.
-Jacq

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful Maria! My how time fly between generations---ur Mom, now you and one day ur daughter will be a mom too...enjoy every precious moment!!!
E.Passmore