Several posts back I mentioned that I planted a raised bed garden at my dad's house, but I've never shown you how it turned out. When I planted the garden in May I was still sans camera thanks to our
robber friends, so the "before" pictures were taken with my sister's camera and can be found
here.
And now... presenting delicious fruits and veggies:
 |
| Eggplant blossom |
 |
| Eggplant! |
I picked 2 nice-sized eggplants yesterday that I plan to use in an
eggplant parmesan recipe (rumored to help get labor going)!
 |
| Anaheim Pepper blossom |
 |
| Anaheim Peppers! |
So, what do you do with an Anaheim pepper? I haven't used one yet, actually, but Susan and David have used several in various Mexican dishes they've made and my Dad's given them good reviews.
 |
| Baby Bell peppers (orange variety) |
 |
| Red Bell pepper (just starting to change color) |
The red bell pepper was consumed before anyone thought to take it's "after" picture. Guess we were excited. It was yummy.
 |
| Cherry tomatoes |
 |
| Roma tomatoes |
We also planted two traditional tomato plants (Better Boy and Better Bush varieties) that did well. The garden is still bearing fruit. The only thing I planted that didn't work at all was yellow squash. The main root got invaded by some bug and the blossoms never turned into anything, so we ripped it out. Bummer. I was hoping for at least one good squash casserole.
Now the question is - do we plant a Fall Garden?!?!? Hmm... I think I'll have
a few things keeping me busy this fall, so maybe I should just shoot for perfecting a garden next spring. Thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment