Monday, May 20, 2013

Dunlap Station's First Blog Giveaway!

Thanks for your patience. We had guests this weekend, and enjoyed showing them around Metz during the ONE sunny day we've had here since we've arrived. I feel bad complaining about the weather because, hey, I'm in France!

Let's pick up the virtual tour where we left off... leave the Master Bedroom.
Pretend you're walking out that doorway - past the closet - back into the foyer, and head left.
You'll pass our little bathroom on your left, complete with mini-washing machine. Let me tell you the luxury this is! The last time we lived in Metz I had to lug bags of our laundry down to a communal washing room in the Residhome (not that big of a deal, but still...), and the time before that we shared the dorm washers with the students.
Yes, it lacks a tub, but we don't have one at home in ATL, so technically I can say "it's just like home!"
Finished looking in the bathroom? Turn right. Travel forward and you will pass through a doorway to the kitchen/living room.
You'll be greeted by a bright, friendly couch! 

This futon couch converts into another bed putting our total guest capacity at at least 4! (Cough, come visit, cough!)
Circling left, you'll see the radiator, then glass-topped dining table (impossible to keep clean from toddler finger prints!)
Our tiny kitchen boasts a full range, oven, micro, coffee maker and mini-dishwasher (in the corner!)
Let's keep turning to see one more beautiful thing.
The cabinet holds the TV, but that's not important.
 What's behind door number 1?
Yup. That's a full-sized fridge, folks. It's nicer than the one in my own home, I do believe.
This really is the most complete kitchen we've ever had here. Back in 2010, our "oven" was a toaster oven which we purchased at the Saturn (kind of like an "H.H.Gregg/Best Buy." Can you buy ovens there?) The dishwasher was - me, and I think our range was only a double. We won't even get into our LaFayette dorm kitchen from 2009, which was basically a hot plate and a sink. I really don't mean to come across as if I'm complaining. I'm just reminiscing and being really thankful for what we have this time around.

GIVEAWAY: How many cheeses are already in my fridge?!?! I dare you to guess. The person who gets closest without going over gets a handwritten postcard from France! J'adore le fromage.

That's my first blog giveaway. Big prizes here, folks.

Oh, you want to see the toddler? Toddler withdrawal, eh? Okay, here you go:
Never-mind that she picked a flower from a perfectly manicured bed in the botanical gardens... go answer the giveaway question!
Once we get some sun I'll get outdoorsy and post some pictures of the landscape around us. Also, feel free to view the album of pictures from the Cunningham's visit when you get a chance. Unfortunately, my camera died during the sunniest part of Saturday, but R & A captured great pictures that I'm sure they'll share once they're back stateside. Right now they're living it up in Marseille. Now, that's something to envy!

8 comments:

Karen said...

Hi Maria
I love reading your Blog. Your set up looks very nice. And Lydia looks adorable as always.
I received your wedding reply today in the mail. Needless to say, I am sad that we will not see Lydia and Dr. Rocky but I understand. I guess this way we get to have you all to ourselves. AWESOME!
Your dresses and shoes arrived on Friday and are safe and sound hanging in my house.
Oh and as for the cheese count my guess is 8. Hope I win! You could send me a postcard even if I don't though.
Love you all and we will see you very soon.
Have a great time til then.
Love, Aunt Karen

lauren said...

First of all, I am totally, undeniably jealous that you 3 are back in Metz...what I wouldn't give?

As for the cheese, I'm going to guess 7 (though 8 was my first though but I see it's been taken).

Have fun!

geeky Heather said...

6!

I should be like on Price is Right and guess 1 dollar...I mean, cheese.

Your place is fab! I wish we could come visit!!

Jacq & Jason said...

5! :)

Anonymous said...

This is my first time reading your blogs Maria! Love! I guess 12 :)
Brooke Hayes

Unknown said...

Seeing that you just hosted guests, I'm going to guess that the number of cheeses is high...so I'll go with 9 since all the more reasonable numbers for cheeses in your fridge are taken! And if I win and I request cheese with my post card? :-)
Susan

Leah said...

Maria! This place is great~ a freezer! I can't wait to show how nice (& visitor friendly) your messin home is to Kyle. I'm guessing that you have these 4 cheeses in your (big!) fridge: brie, emmental, camembert, and a tome.
If you email me your address, maybe Bennett can send Lydia a little letter!

Unknown said...

Too cute I love reading this blog! My guess is 11! Love mo