I gives me great joy to share the news of God's many blessings to us after a season of struggle and refining. I am now married to a PhD! Two days ago we flew across the pond with our toddler and are now living close to Metz, France (for the summer).
Georgia Tech placed us in a beautiful Gîte with a nice grassy yard. It's the best place we've stayed in since we've been coming here, and Corrine, our hostess is so kind! We're looking forward to getting to know her better.
Now for pictures. (If these don't make you beg me to get a new camera nothing will. Sorry about the poorly lit photos!)
We basically live on the top floor of a house. This is a picture from the website since I haven't had a sunny day to take my own yet.
Virtual tour: Pretend you're walking into that front door. Immediately turn left, and go up a white tile staircase. Our front door is at the top of the steps. Come inside!
| Front door |
| Tile foyer opens to 4 different rooms |
![]() |
| Our front door (from inside). I LOVE the purple! |
![]() |
| I love the pillow on this bed: "Esprit de famille..." (Family spirit) |
![]() |
| The pillow here says "Un soir d'été..." (One summer evening) |
Lydia loves climbing up on these beds and flopping around on the soft duvet. We read her books before bed lying on one of these beds each night. Lately, she's started saying "Once upon a time..."
Master bedroom:
| Let's start by talking about how much I love the throw pillows on the Master bed. They might accidentally jump in a box and take a trip to the USA later this summer! :) |
I also enjoy having this little desk by the window. I've spent several hours here each day doing quiet time, correspondence, and now updating this blog! I think I could be more productive if I had a desk at home!
There it is! My first blog update since Thanksgiving. I know you've been waiting with bated breath, but this toddler phase is too fun for me to make much time to blog. This post has been brought to you by baby jet-lag.
Stay tuned for the second installment featuring the kitchen and bathroom!







2 comments:
WOW!! I'm so happy the residence situation turned out so well, especially after all the uncertainty. How lucky are you to get purple walls??? I am in love with your little desk looking out those windows at all the trees! I wish we weren't committed to taking my sister to London later this year; I would pester Michael to come visit you again!
Looks great!! So glad you found a few minutes to share!!
Post a Comment