His office is about as big as our apartment.
His classes went well. 16 students in one class, 9 in the other. He will teach both classes every day Monday - Thursday, and on certain Fridays. He told the students they could call him Rocky or Mr. Dunlap.
While Rocky and David were at school Susan and I ran around town. I joined her at the weekly English lesson she has with a lovely French family. Afterward, we shopped at the Cora (a French super-WalMart). We took the bus to her apartment downtown to walk Duncan, bought a few more household items at the Eurodif (it's like a Ross or Marshalls), and then made eggplant parmesan for dinner with our husbands.
A few things we saw on our walk:
The Temple Neuf (Protestant Church) is literally right behind Susan's apartment and I think it's one of the prettiest places in Metz.
Some rowers interrupted Duncan's swim practice.
The cathedral can be seen in the background, the Japanese vermilion torii is in the water, and Duncan can be seen down in the right corner.
Today was the first day since we've been here that it didn't rain! Also, Rocky and I now have internet access in our room! Hooray for the little things!
2 comments:
Mr. Dunlap - now that is different! Hope all is well with you guys. Missed you this Monday Rocky - but I will stay in touch. Praying with you guys. I am a little envious of the scenery though - looks pretty nice!
JD
I probably could even go with MR Dunlap...but Professor might be a bit much. Beautiful scenery. I want to see some videos of the driving lessons. I'm sure by now you are both pros! Larry
Post a Comment