Saturday, May 9, 2009

Notre appartement (Our apartment)

Susan and David are awesome. They have made our adjustment so easy! In preparation for our visit Susan purchased some basic necessities for us (towels, soap, milk, cereal, etc.) and David got the keys to our car, Rocky's office, and our apartment.

Our apartment is more of a dorm room. See for yourself:


This is the outside of our building. It's one of 4 buildings in a small complex. Ours is the red building. The others are orange, yellow and green. If I have to live in a place with bright walls, red would be my choice, so I'm pretty content.


We have a car, but we don't know how to drive it. David is going to teach us how to drive a stick shift tomorrow (in a big parking lot). The Swafford's nicknamed our car "Megan" because this is what's on the back:


Here's Megan. She comes with a key-less starter :)


Tomorrow: Driving lessons!

Au revoir!

1 comment:

Amy Z said...

Yay for France. Keep posting so I can live vicariously through your French summer. I can help you practice your driving in a few weeks. I learned how to drive on a stick shift. au revoir